Like every year, at Christmas I made grandpa Beppe’s Genoese Panettone. This year my son Luca wanted to make one himself and since he doesn’t like candied citrus peel (like most kids), we changed the recipe a little and substituted them with chocolate chips
Here’s Luca at work….
Video recipe for chocolate Christmas sweet bread
Italian Pandolce al Cioccolato
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
Makes 1 cake
|Rhum essence||6 drops|
|Lemon essence :||6 drops|
|Raising agent:||10g (Baking powder)|
- Mix butter and sugar thoroughly to get a smooth creamy mixture with no lumps
- Add the essences, the vanilla and the salt
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Knead for 1-2 minutes
- In another bowl, mix the flour and the baking powder
- Add the mixture to the dough and then mix in the milk too
Warning! After you add the flour, don’t over mix otherwise the chocolate chips will start to melt. Also, sweet cakes’ dough mustn’t get the same consistency as, say, pizza or pastry dough.
Now shape the dough into a ring, about 3,5 cm thick.
- With a plastic spatula, etch a pattern on the dough.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 40 minutes
Look at the Luca’s Chocolate Christmas sweet bread !!
Luca e Vittorio