After several attempts, I’ve finally made the video recipe for “Biove”. This is quite a quick bread to make. The ingredients and the procedure were inspired by a recipe by the Simili sisters, recommended by Sergio. Then, following Riccardo and Santo404’s suggestions, I changed it a little and in the video you can see the procedure and the result.
Biove bread video recipe
(makes 4 Biove about 170g each)
- 300 g Water
- 500 g Flour 00 (anche di forza)?
- 18g Yeast (or 6 g dry yeast)
- 5g di Malt
- 20 g Lard (or Extra Virgin olive oil)
- 8 g Sale
Mix water, yeast, malt, lard and ¾ flour
Add salt and then remaining flour a little at a time
Cut the dough into two chunks, cover it properly
Let it sit for 20 minutes
- Feed the dough through a pasta roller several times as you see in the video
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough out into a rectangle
Roll it up in the shape of a French loaf
With the rolling pin, press down on the loaf and make a long, thick “ribbon” of dough
- Roll it up gently towards you
- Cover tightly and let it rise for 60 minutes
- Using a bluntspatula or the back of a knife, split the dough into two
- Cut each piece through the center with a razor blade
Pre heat oven to 200°C
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes
Cook your Biove Bread.