Hadn’t baked in a while… I missed it. Tonight, just back from a business trip, I searched for a quick American recipe and I found myself making this beer bread. It doesn’t require kneading or leavening and only needs regular baking powder, the one you would use for cakes.
You mix it in 5 minutes and it bakes for about one hour. It’s really simple. Not much to look at, but very tasty.
Try it and let me know how it goes. This bread works well at the start of a meal, with a little butter spread on top.
Video Recipe for home-made Beer bread
- 400 g Flour
- 15g Baking powder
- 15 g Sugar
- 8 g Salt
- 350 ml Beer
- Pour all ingredients in a bowl
- Mix until flour is well blended in
- Lightly butter a plumcake pan
- Pour the dough in the pan and level it with a spatula
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°C for 60 minutes
- Once done, take bread out of the pan and let it cool on a wire rack